Home » OUR WINES » RED WINES » CABERNET FRANC – DOC COLLIO

Cabernet Franc 

DOC Collio

 2017 HARVEST

CABERNET FRANC DOC Collio | VENICA & VENICA

Wine Characteristics

ALCOHOL IN VOL.% 

12,5

TOTAL ACIDITY ‰

5,6

HARVEST

The grapes of our Cabernet Franc DOC Collio, Friuli, were hand picked and de-stemmed on 22th September 2017.

WINEMAKING

Subsequently they were macerated for 8 days at a temperature of 24°C.  Post- fermentation, 80% of the wine aged in stainless steel vats for 14 months and the remaining 20% in 7.5 hl barrels.

BOTTLING

The wine was blended and bottled in mid-November 2018.

BOTTLE SIZE

75 cl Wine bottle

Cabernet Franc Friuli | Venica & Venica

TASTING PROFILE

Our Cabernet Franc DOC Collio, Friuli, is deep ruby shade. Fruit and lightly grassy aromas mingle on the nose.

On the palate it is a rich, medium-bodied wine with a delicately herby finish, capable of acquiring great refinement with moderate bottle age.

 

FOOD PAIRING

Ideal with roasts, game, rich red meat, and mature hard cheeses.

 

SERVING TEMPERATURE 

18/20°C

Harvest